Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Captain!

As many of you probably know, Josh and I have been anxiously awaiting the announcement of whether he would be awarded a Captain position.  I guess I’ll cut straight to the chase and say, YES! HE GOT IT!!! Woo Hoo!!!! I couldn’t be more excited & happy for him!

But let me just tell you...it’s been a loooong month!  We should have found out about 3 weeks ago...but due to many, many technical difficulties with their system, they continually delayed the final award list.  FINALLY, they released a statement saying it would be posted at 10:00pm on Friday, October 28th.  So of course, when Friday night came around, Josh and I anxiously sat in front of the computer and watched the clock tick to 10 o’clock.  The clock finally struck 10, we loaded the webpage, and of course – there was no list to be found.

So we literally sat in front of the computer and hit refresh...refresh...refresh....for about an hour.  By 11, I was just pissed.  We figured there was yet ANOTHER “delay,” so we decided to just go to bed.

Well, I then proceeded to dream about this whole situation all freaking night!  I dreamt we never found out, I dreamt that we did find out, but he didn’t get it, and I dreamt we found out that he DID get it.  By the time I woke up, I had no clue what was really happening!   Once I pulled myself back into reality, I reached for my iPhone on my nightstand and loaded the webpage.  (This was at like 7:00am mind you and my eyes were barely working.)  Once I was able to focus, I realized they had posted the list around 2:00am... 

But I couldn’t just look at it!?!??  This was Josh’s job....not mine.  I couldn’t find out before him!  So I laid there, stared at the ceiling, and decided if I should wake Josh up or just let him sleep.  Take a wild guess what I did....

“JOSH...THE LIST IS OUT!  GET UP! WE HAVE TO LOOK AT IT!!!” 

Of course his eyes shot open, he grabbed my phone and we loaded the list while laying in bed, haha!  He scrolled down and it said Captain beside his name!

We were sooo excited all weekend long...it was great J  We went out to Chili’s that night & celebrated and then came home & sat in front our fireplace.  Ahhhhh....it was such a nice weekend.  I want to re-wind the days! 

Anyways...that’s the story.  I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to update on this!  I’ll be posting more info soon...

XOXO,

6 comments:

Ashley @ Places To Go, Things To Buy said...

Yay, congrats to Josh! That's so exciting!

Miranda said...

wow congrats! that is amazing!

Kelly said...

Yay!!! Such great news! Congrats :)

xoxo-
Kelly

Breckan said...

Haha. That sounds like when I'd check the "list" to see if I made the High School play! Except much more important, of course :) Congratulations!

Sweet (and Sour) Lou Lou said...

Hey there! I just stumbled across your blog and I love it! I'm working towards my private pilots license, so I love all things aviation. Congrats to your husband for becoming Captain... that's so exciting!

Anyway, I subscribed to you! Check my blog out and subscribe if you'd like!

xoxo
Amanda
http://sweetandsourloulou.blogspot.com

Breckan said...

Miss hearing from you, Shea- hope all is well! xoxo