Friday, October 7, 2011

Guest Post #1 - Mama Laughlin

Hello all you FTL readers! 
I am Mama Laughlin. Now, brace yourself for some inappropriateness... that's sort of my thing.

I'm not the wife of a pilot like Shea- my husband is an electrician if you MUST know. But I am mom of soon to be 2 boys.
Shoot me.
Okay, don't really. I seriously have the cutest kid in all the lands. (What? I do!)
See!

t21months.jpg

And I'm pretty sure this next one is going to be equally as good looking.
He get it from his mama. :)
But in all seriousness, I love my son more than anything in this world and can't wait to expand our family!
This is our family last Christmas.
christmas20102.jpg

I know what you're thinking, and you're right, I WAS skinny. 
I worked my ass off to be that skinny. Literally.
Because before I got pregnant, I actually looked like this.
fatt6.jpg

And then I got pregnant in 2009. Delivered my son weighing in at 217 lbs. 
36weeks.jpg

And then I became an obese, 200 lb. mom. Something I'd always feared. 
fatt7.jpg

And then one day when my son was 6 weeks old I said "ok, I think I want to be skinny". And from that day forward, I worked my butt off to be just that.
It took me nearly 10 months to lose 60 lbs. 
It is one of the best things I've ever done for myself and one of the things I'm most proud of.
8s.jpg

I kept track of my weightloss on my blog and posted pics with each 10 lb. loss. 
I didn't take a magic pill, follow some ridiculous diet, or have surgery. I did it the old fashioned way- I put down the fork and picked up my tennis shoes.
I truly believe the key to weightloss is hard work and consistency.
If I can do it, ANYONE can.

Now days, I look more like this.
30wks2.jpg

I have had a fit pregnancy this time around and am still feeling great at 34 weeks.
I truly believe that's because I've continued to eat mindfully and stay active throughout this pregnancy. 
I also know that post-baby body won't be NEAR as bad as it was last time and for that I'm thankful.
I will, however, be documenting my post-baby weightloss again on my blog and hope you'll stop by to watch this mama get fit again!
And say hello if you're new, I love meeting new friends!

Until next time, 
Peace, Love, & Baby Fat

Mama Laughlin


Thanks so much Mama Laughlin!  I love your blog & I'm so excited that you were able to do a post for me!  I'm honored :-)  

Tomorrow's guest post will be Ashley from Places to Go, Things to Buy!  I hope you stop over!
XOXO,

No comments: