Saturday, October 8, 2011

Guest Post #2 - Fall Trend

Hello there Flying Through Life readers!  Ashley here from Places To Go, Things To Buy and I am sooo excited that Shea has allowed me to do a guest posting on her fabulous blog! She and I have become bloggie friends (the best kind of course) and today I thought we’d talk about one of fall’s hottest trends…..RED!

Color has totally invaded fall this year.  Goodbye traditional fall colors like brown, black, and beige. Hello bright and bold colors!  For me, this is a welcome surprise because I love color!  Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the neutrals, but I will always love a good pop of color.  And what better way to do it then with red!



One of my fall fashion buys were these red work pants from Express!  I absolutely love them and I got so many compliments on them the other day!  They fit like a dream too!


A tried and true classic is red nail polish, and nobody does it better than Chanel of course!  Whenever I see someone with red nails or lips, I always swoon!  There is just something so eye-catching about it!



These red suede booties from Nine West are adorable! What a great way to add a pop of color to an outfit…..just throw on a pair of skinny jeans, white t-shirt, and a black blazer and your good to go!  These are definitely on my fall wish list….



And last but not least, can we just take a sec to admire how gorgeous this JCrew red winter coat is? It’s a bit outa my budget…..($350)….BUT this would absolutely make a statement walking down the street! Go big or go home, right? It’s such a gorgeous shade of red and I love the military style buttons!

So remember….don’t be afraid of color this fall and when it doubt….wear red! Thanks for reading and please stop on over to my blog, Places To Go, Things To Buy. I’d love to meet you all!


Ashley - I love your style and actually don't have much red in my wardrobe...but you've definitely inspired my next shopping trip!  Thanks so much for your willingness to guest blog!..I'm so happy we've become bloggie friends :-)


The third and final guest post will be on Monday from Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados, and the Bay.  I hope you check it out!

XOXO,

1 comment:

Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados and the Bay said...

Sigh I love bright red nail polish... and you're so right, Chanel does always do it best :)