Friday, September 16, 2011

Finding the Joy

Hi Ladies!


I am thrilled to be linking-up with my dear friend over at Momma St. J Says... for Finding the Joy Friday.
Today I'm finding the joy in:   

Fall, Fireplaces, & Pumpkin Pie

As I type this, I am curled up on my couch in front of my fireplace.  I'm so cozy!  There's a chill in the air and I love it.  We bought our first pumpkin pie of the season and I fully intend on enjoying it as soon as I'm done typing this post.  YUM :-)


My Hubby's Hard Work

Today was Josh's first day off from his trip, but instead of relaxing, he worked all day on our house project.  When we first bought our house, every room was covered in medium brown/oak trim.  It did look nice - but we both really love white trim/doors.  So, we reluctantly took on the project of repainting everything.  Oh. My. Gosh.  This project sucks.  We finished with the first floor, took a few months off, and now we're back to it again.  I came home from work today and was pleasantly surprised by how much he'd done.  Thank you again sweets!  I really appreciate it.

One of these days I'll do a house tour post!


Monkey Balls

Do any of you know what these amazing things are?!?!  Ok, so their real name is "Osage Oranges," but for some reason everyone refers to them as Monkey Balls.  I'm not sure I want to know why...

Anyways, they keep spiders out of the house!  They're pretty hard to find each year because it frosts too early/too late (can't remember which one, but the timing as to be just right).  But I was driving home tonight and I saw a woman selling them along side of the road!!!  I immediately stopped the car, turned around, and filled a plastic bag up with monkey balls.  Good times.

Now I'll just hide them around my house & be free of spiders this fall/winter.  Yessssssss :-) 



I'm grateful for so much more, but I really just want my pie...so I think I'll stop here.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
XOXO,

6 comments:

Momma StJ said...

WHY AM I JUST HEARING ABOUT MONKEY BALLS?! why doesn't EVERYONE know about such a thing?!

Ashley @ Places To Go, Things To Buy said...

OMG, I need some Monkey Balls!! I've never heard of them but I hate spiders!!! I must find them....

Unknown said...

I have never heard of monkey balls either! Is it a north thing? I live in the south and we have lots of spiders, especially in the basement. I sure could use those. I guess I can google them and see what it says. Stopping by from the blog hop and followed you on GFC. I would love a follow back when you get the chance. Thanks so much for your help and have a great weekend!

Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

Miranda said...

i have never heard of monkey balls before but i think i need to get them!!! also i gave you a blog award over on my blog www.diesunddas33.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Oh my gosh! I just heard these referred to as monkey balls. I've always called them hedge apples. I even did a blog post about them...http://gymclassdropout.blogspot.com/2011/08/monkey-ball-10.html

Ms. J said...

Aw I like this link up! I'll have to join next Friday! It's always good to think about the things we are thankful for that bring us joy!