Monday, September 12, 2011

Miscellany Monday!

Here are my randoms for this rainy Monday...

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

one.
We attended a wedding over the weekend and it was *beautiful!*  My co-worker had been planning that day for over 2 years and I was there for her the whole time.  I wasn't a bridesmaid, but I sure felt like one!  The decorations/details were perfect, the DJ was amazing, and we had a fabulous time!  Congrats to the newlyweds!  Here are a few pictures of our night :-)








two.
Sunday was the start of Pittsburgh Steeler football!  Although the game turned out pretty badly, it's only week 1 and I still think we're a pretty good team this year.  I have faith!  We actually watched the game at a friends house which was really fun!  We recently started hanging out with this couple and it's been great having double dates.  All of our friends live soooo far away, so we're really excited that we now have some friends that live close (literally 3 minutes away) and we both get along with them really well.  

three.
I finally got a new lap-top! Yayyyyy!  No more broken letter "D!"  It's an HP ProBook with some really cool features.  I'm still getting used to it...but so far, it's been great.

four.
Yesterday we watched a lot of the 9/11 specials and it was so surreal and incredibly sad.  I just can't even imagine what those people had to go through on that horrific day.  Being married to a pilot makes it even more strange.  As a pilot's wife, I actually don't worry about Josh having to deal with terrorist attacks...but maybe I should?!  Ugh...I don't know.  I just pray that God will continue to protect him.

five.
This week should be easy-peasy.  Josh leaves tomorrow (Tuesday) morning and comes back Thursday afternoon.  So he's only gone 2 days!  I'm excited :-)

That's all for now!  Hope you're all having a great start to your week!
XOXO,

14 comments:

Katie said...

Just found your blog through Mingle Monday and will now be following :)

I kind of know what you mean with number four. My husband is in the military and it's strange but I rarely worry about him too much. Sometimes, of course, but not as much as I probably should be! I am like you and just trust that He is in God's hands.

Joanna said...

I don't worry about DH, and neither should you. Things are so different now, in a good way for them. You have beautiful hair, by the way! The wedding looked beautiful!

Amber Marie said...

Glad the hubby wont be gone too long! and Oh, my! You're hair is gorgeous!

Mom Fashion World said...

LOvely couple!

By the way, I'm your newest follower via GFC from the Monday Blog Hop.
Please feel free to visit my blog. Looking forward to seeing you there, and hope you follow me back. Thanks!

http://www.momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Syndal said...

wow-you're a good friend to help the bride like that!
and-your hair is amazing! I'm sooo jealous!

Anonymous said...

Hi, visiting from Mingle Monday! Are you from Pittsburgh? I go to Pitt, so I can definitely feel the Steelers excitement starting up!

Denise said...

New follower here from Mingle Monday hop. I hope you will take a moment to stop by my blog and check out my kind of fashion (hair jewelry), which I would to put in your beautiful hair.....I'm so envious! I'm not just trying to gain followers with hopping, I'm trying to spread the word about a product I love. Here's my url http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I also have a facebook page which is www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose I hope you can stop by there as well. It's the fastest way to hear about specials. Let me know if you have a facebook page too so I can return the favor.

Kelsey Apley said...

Returning the gfc follow from the blog hop! The wedding looked beautiful!! Love your hair it is so pretty!!

Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah said...

Can you believe that Steeler game? Terrible!!

You and hubby are such a cute couple!

Anonymous said...

Shea,

I found your blog through my Party in Paris Blog Hop at (Http://Renee-joyjourney.com).

I love how you so openly share your life. I found myself reading one post after another.

I'm not following you on GFC, but I'm very interested in featuring you on my blog in my "Meet a Star" series in October. Email me at nrmetzler@windstream.net if you are interested.

So glad I found you!
Blessings,
Renee
Http://Renee-joyjourney.com

Kelly @ Taste Out Loud said...

Hello,

One: I love your dress. Very pretty and grey looks great on you.

Two: How nice to have a "couple" friend that live so close. All our couple friends live far too. We have several friends close to home but havn't found a "couple" friend yet.

Three: Congrats on the laptop.

Four: Don't start to worry. Worrying won't do you (or anyone around you) any good. Trust in god that he will always be protected.

Five: I'm excited for you.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Red Rose said...

I'm a brand new follower and from Pittsburgh too! I 'm so excited that it is FOOTBALL season and nothing starts it like our Steelers. ( they just need to play better next week!)

I have a Pittsburgh blogger too and would LOVE to have you follow back if you enjoy food. ( Now you have a place to call when you need Steeler cakes and such!)

http://redrosecakesconnection.blogspot.com/

Red Rose said...

Aww! Your blog is so pretty too. Just nice to look at even just the pictures and the layout. Love it.

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say... I want your hair! lol :)